Monday, October 26, 2009

PRETTY LIGHTS: Bringin back memories





 This is Pretty Lights. This is a group consisting of a crazy talented mixer and DJ, Derek Vincent Smith and Drummer, Cory Eberhard. I just saw them live at the Park West in Chicago this past weekend. In addition to this hypnotic and truly unique sound, they put on an intense light/video/vizualization show that is a perfect compliment to the ground-shaking bass and smooth transitions. I actually know Cory from my days in Fort Collins, CO where he regulary Dj'ed for bar bingo night at the now retired Sullivan's Tavern. Sully's as we all called it was one of the best bars in town. It wasn't a flashy overpriced douchebag ridden bar that have become commonplace in college towns nationwide, but a homey and comfortable bar that I dubbed "My Cheers". Everybody who worked there really did know my name. When I went to see this show I couldn't help but remember all the ridiculous memories I made there with countless friends. So this is an ode to Sully's and to Pretty Lights. If you enjoy the movablility of hip hop and the creativity of electronica, then this shit is perfect for you. It is for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment